Saturday, February 12, 2005

Intro Day.


Today was the introduction meeting for the Les Mills 12 Week Challenge. It was pretty interesting - varied group of people there - and two people (previous challengers) got up and spoke - Pat, the guy, looks amazing - he got up to speak, and I thought that it was weird because he looked like a really big guy - but as he spoke, he shed clothing that he used to fit into (and had bulked out with the use of pillows) while they showed photos of him in the background. He was fucking amazing.

The woman that spoke (I forgot her name) was also really cool - she lost 22 kilos over the 12 weeks, and has lost 36 since July last year. I think thats fantastic.

Over the last couple of weeks since signing up, I've been thinking about transport - because I don't drive. And I've been thinking that I should really buy a bike - because I live about 10 minutes bike ride away from the gym. As part of my commitment to the challenge - and because I can't rely on others for rides home (and lets be honest, a cardio workout then a 30-40 minute walk YUCK) - this morning,(before the intro session) The Pandyr took me to Penny's and I got a bike, helmet and lock. All I need now are lights and I'm set to go.

I haven't ridden in many years - I took the bike over to the parking lot - and its true - you never forget how. I might be a bit wobbly on it, but I did it. When we got it home, I was a bit nervous about riding it (still am in fact), but took it for a fang round the block, and I think I'll be fine. Its just cars I need to worry about :)

Kilos lost: 2.3 CM's lost: N/A Gym Classes this week: 1

No comments: