Sunday, September 12, 2004

LPIC Syndrome.

That's Largest Person Inthe Class Syndrome (LPIC).

I have it. I am it. I don't want to be it, but I don't think I have a choice. You'll see me - I stand pretty close to the back, behind Hot Guy and Hot Girl, diagonal to Unco Lady, Frighteningly Skinny Chick, and along a bit from Serious Man, Hyperactive Boy, Scary Muscle Woman, while the other regulars are scattered throughout the class.

The instructors always wave at me, make sure I'm doing okay - to the point where I'm now embarassed by the attention. Yes - I am the LPIC. Yes - I am fine. Yes - I did do a good job. (that last one was sarcastic - I'm not bloody five years old). I want to wear a sign that says something along the lines of 'STOP STARING. I CAN DO THIS. NO I WON'T HAVE A HEART ATTACK. I'M FINE'.

I guess they're just trying to encourage me. Which is nice, but everytime?

Please, if you're a gym instructor, and you have an LPIC in your class regularly, and they do okay, stop checking them out every routine - maybe just go with saying 'Hi' before the class starts - like you do to all the other regulars.

Countdown to weigh in: 5 days

No comments: