Sunday, May 27, 2012

One week to go!

Before round 2 kicks off. There's still time to sign up - www.12wbt.com - tell them reddevildog sent you :)

Seriously though, I've had such a good weekend, Friday night I planned out my meals for the next week, using my biggest loser and crunchtime cookbooks. Saturday morning I did my groceries and when I came home, I cleaned out the fridge. It was full of crap - old manky veges, random leftovers. It was pretty gross.

I put everything away, and chopped up some chicken and veges which I then threw in the freezer to marinade for one of the nights Andrew works. That way I don't have the excuse of being too tired to cook - all the hard work is done! I bought a load of snack foods, and this weekend I'll clear out the cupboard and make a space for things to go in with the calories written on them.

I'm feeling really good and motivated - I know that the reason I fail is that I don't plan - and planning doesn't take that long to do. From next week my meals will all be sorted thanks to the programme, so it feels good to know I did it by myself and can and will do it between rounds 2 & 3.

Today I made chicken soup, which I'll take for lunch tomorrow, along with carrots, hummus, low fat cheese, crackers, a muesli bar, some prepackaged dried fruit and nuts and some bread to eat with the soup. I know that seems like a lot - and I don't plan on eating it all, but if I get hungry, there's no excuse for me to head to the dairy to get something to nibble on. I'm in control.
 

I'm just adding this image because I think its hilarious. I do sometimes wish I could wake up and it would be gone and I would be an average sized person. But then I remember it took me a long time to get where I am - and, I need to remember how far I've come and not focus on how far I have to go, or compare myself to others on the same journey.


No comments: