Friday, May 25, 2012

Lightbulb moments

Isn't it weird how sometimes, you can just be doing menial things and something in your brain goes 'click'.

That happened to me tonight. I figured out exactly how and when I fell off in Round One, and what I should of done to get back on. (Then I wouldn't be in the position of losing the five freakin kilos I've gained back).

I should of started the preseason tasks again. Reaffirmed what I wanted to achieve, why I was doing this, where I want to go, what I want to be able to do.

It came to me as I finally finally finally did what I said I would weeks ago and dragged out my meal planner and planned the next weeks menu. I went to typo and bought the most gorgeous meal planner, its very cute and retro, and its been sitting there, staring at me waiting for me to use it.


Then I dug out my biggest loser USA cookbook and my Michelle Bridges Crunchtime cookbook and picked some meals I liked the sound of to try next week. I think sometimes I get bored eating the same thing over and over again, so one of my new goals is to try a recipe I haven't used before. Then if I like it, it can get added to the rotation, and if not I can never eat it again.

I've made my shopping list, and I'll be hitting the supermarket tomorrow morning to get what I need for the next week.

I'm also debating making my own recipe journal - going through my many cookbooks and healthy food guides, culling them down and stripping out what I'll make from them then getting rid of them. Our house is full of clutter and I'm sick of it.

I'm starting to feel more positive and organised. I think I'm getting my enthusiasm back. I know I can achieve my goals, its just about planning - getting meals sorted, groceries done, prepackaged snacks and lunch stuff all split out into serves, so there are no excuses for not taking lunch, not eating right, not taking time to look after myself. I'm going to grab a notebook (from typo again!) tomorrow and track it. I need to make this a habit.


No excuses.

No comments: