Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Well, I'm back from my meeting and I had a loss of 1.7 kilos. Not entirely sure how I managed it, but the Pandyr thinks it may have been the fact that I've been walking to work, and climbing the stairs, and wandering round our massive building. I think so too.

Every night after weigh in I text a couple of mates and my mum to let them know how I've done. It's a good motivator. 10.8 kilos until I reach my first goal of a 15 kilo loss. I'm pretty happy right now, but I do know that a loss that high isn't that good for my body. Once I get under the first 15 (thats almost rugby orientated), I know I'll start slowing down. It's healthy to lose around 500 grams a week - and while I'm estatic right now, I know that a slower loss means a greater chance of keeping it off once I reach goal.

There's a woman at our meetings who has lost 60 kilos. 60 KILOS. She looks great but she's not ready to quit yet, and wants to reach goal. She gets some negative comments like 'I think you look great, isn't it time you stopped, but she's determined to keep going.

If she can do it, so can I.

Wish me luck.



Countdown to weigh in: 8 days

No comments: