Monday, March 15, 2004

Okay so here's the deal. Last post was January.

I had a week in holiday in February.

Went to the doctors on the 25th of Feb

Had a scan on the 27th of Feb (they told me it was just going to be a simple jelly on your belly, see your insides, but it ended up with a nice camera up your growler move that tricked the hell out of me.

Doctor phones on the 3rd of March to say tests came back fine, no pcos, no blood trouble, but we think you should see a gynaecologist becuase (boys can stop reading now) your uterus is thicker than normal for someone your age. I have no idea what the fuck this means. I might be 28, but I'm not grown up in the medical ways of the world.

5 March, meet a lovely English man, with a dodgy job (are there no female gyanecologists?), who gets out the lube (I am so sick of people looking at my growler), and five minutes later, once I'm dressed and feeling less embarassed, tells me that most people have around 14mm uterus wall and mine is about 18mm.

Can I come in for surgery on the 19th of March? Yes. I reply. (thank god for medical insurance).

So between freaking out about all this, and not eating right I haven't been to WW in ages. On Friday, I have to get up at 7 and eat, because I can't have anything from then until after my day surgery. Think I might duck into town, do the weigh in, explain to my leader why I haven't been around, come home and try and get some sleep.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee. Sucks to be me right now.
Countdown to weigh in: 4 days


No comments: